At Leaf, we LOVE stories. Our Story Starter cards turn story telling into a fun game for everyone.
Sharing our stories can be a very important and special way to inspire others – to build understanding between all humans, no matter who they are. In fact, we believe that story telling has the power to change to world!
Everyone has a story. Some are shared. Some are secrets. They help us connect, remember, dream. They can make us cry heartfelt tears or laugh so hard it hurts. Most of all, they help us understand what it is to be human.
Our Story Starter cards are a fun, interactive way to share your stories. Use them to break the ice with strangers, get to know your acquaintances better or deepen your relationships with friends and family. They can even give you ideas for writing a journal.
Unlike other conversation cards, Leaf Story Starters use two card packs, creating endless combinations of story telling fun - Story Starter cards (the ones with quotation marks on them) and Theme cards. A selection of themes are available, suitable for different occasions – everything from baby showers and girls’ nights, family gatherings, dinner parties and weddings to travel games and even classrooms.
Story Starter Themes
- Life – Perfect for sharing your stories with friends and family at birthdays, reunions, weddings and other special occasions. Grandma friendly!
- Girl Talk – Gather the girls for stories of life, love and fabulous shoes. Great for hens’ events, sleepovers and other girlie occasions.
- Kid Stuff – Kids will love this story telling game. Ideal for rainy days, holidays, camps, sleepovers and even in the classroom. Suits ages 7 to 14 (younger ones may enjoy them with adult participation).
- Little Tackers – Talk about your little bundles of joy at baby showers, mums’ groups, playgroups and other “kiddie” zones.
- Romance – Everyone loves a good love story. Break the ice at bridal showers, weddings, engagements, dating events and other romantic occasions.
- Foodies – Get the conversation going at your next dinner party, wine tasting, cooking class, long lunch or other “foodie” events.
- Travel – Share your travel stories at home and abroad with this light-weight story telling game. Great for tour groups, backpackers, even armchair travellers.
How to use your Leaf Story Starters
- Select one card from each pack. Each guest can play with their own pair of cards, or you can each tell your stories using the same pair – it’s up to you.
- Use the Story Starter card to kick-start your story. Use the theme card as the subject matter. How creatively you interpret the theme is up to you.
- Take turns to tell your stories. Vote on them if you wish.
- If you don’t have a real story, make one up!
You may also like to subscribe to our Weekly Story Starters via Twitter (look for #WeeklyStoryStarter) or Facebook. We choose a different theme each week, and select cards completely at random – much the same as you would if you were playing at home. We even run a monthly story telling competition. Read more…
For other great ideas for using your Leaf Story Starter cards, click here.